(Last Updated On: December 7, 2017)
If you store at Zara often, its new arrivals part is up to date extra typically than you’ll be able to even comprehend. Even we, as vogue editors, can hardly sustain with its fast turnover in terms of traits and editorials — which implies, each time we do go to its website, there’s one more must-have threatening our wallets.
But regardless of how typically totally different kinds are being rotated out and in — and it doesn’t matter what time of 12 months it may be — if one factor stays constant in Zara’s product providing, it is leggings. And admittedly, the retailer does stretch pants fairly effectively. With high-waisted, printed, and even embellished variations the world is looking “treggings” (that is trouser leggings, in fact), there’s an possibility on the market for everybody.
Since we’re completely conscious of simply how divisive leggings could be, we racked our brains to give you 9 methods this year-round wardrobe staple could be styled — and never simply to your standard errand-running outfits. Nope. Here’s how Refinery29’s vogue editors incorporate leggings into their wardrobes.
“Life is all about balance. Sneakers and chunky earrings? Leggings and a structured coat? There’s no denying this strikes the right chord of cool and comfortable.”
– Erin Cunningham, Fashion News Director Nanushka, $310, obtainable at Net-A-Porter Mango, $99.99, obtainable at Mango Elsa Peretti, $1600, obtainable at Tiffany & Co Stella McCartney, $1557, obtainable at Farfetch Zara, $69.9, obtainable at Zara
“Teen me, who grew up during the “how low are you able to go” days of pant rises, would probably be shocked at my current predilection for high-waisted trousers. But it’s true: I live for a high rise these days; it just makes any outfit look a bit more put-together. I love these leggings because they have a bit of a flared hem around the ankle, and that slit is perfect to show off a weird, brightly-colored shoe.”
– Laia Garcia, Senior Fashion Editor Alexander Wang, $395, obtainable at Alexander Wang Balenciaga, $750, obtainable at Saks Fifth Avenue J.Crew, $29.5, obtainable at J.Crew Baserange, $52.5, obtainable at Net-A-Porter Zara, $69.9, obtainable at Zara
“You know what they say: You can never have too many floral dresses. (Okay, maybe no one says that.) But still! That was the impetus for this look. With some funky mules and a chunky beanie, it’s an unexpected outfit I can’t wait to step into.”-
Alyssa Coscarelli, Fashion Market Editor Mango, $79.98, obtainable at Mango Elizabeth and James, $345, obtainable at Styled By Noir Trust the Mojo, $83, obtainable at Tictail Zara, $29.9, obtainable at Zara Topshop, $120, obtainable at Topshop
“Leggings are being revolutionized! No longer relegated to just jeggings and black spandex options, the stretchy bottoms now include sleek prints, chic ankle decorations, and cuts that resemble a well-fitted pair of trousers. I styled my pair of Zara leggings the same way I would any pant-based look: with an oversized sweater and chunky heeled boots. To give these bottoms a little more of a dressed up vibe, I finished the outfit off with a cheeky handbag and some oversized hoops.”
– Ray Lowe, Fashion Market Writer Zara, $69.9, obtainable at Zara Bagatiba, $210, obtainable at Bagatiba Cuyana, $250, obtainable at Cuyana Dear Frances, $550, obtainable at Dear Frances H&M, $14.99, obtainable at H&M
“Since fashion is intent on making leggings as pants happen, I’ll use this opportunity to knock two trends out at once with a plaid pair. Adding the pops of color and texture make the look complete for me, plus now, the plaid looks less stuffy.”
– Channing Hargrove, Fashion News Writer Zara, $69.9, obtainable at Zara Forever 21, $6.9, obtainable at Forever 21 ALDO, $125, obtainable at ALDO H&M, $69.98, obtainable at H&M Acne Studios, $390, obtainable at Acne Studios
“I have years of history with floral-printed leggings with stirrups. They were always good to me, got me compliments from Mrs. King (what’s up Cedar Ridge Elementary School!), and always looked great with light-up sneakers. This time, I plan on wearing them in a way I couldn’t 25 years ago, which is to stay up past 9 p.m. With a flowy dress and a low pair of heels, this outfit will serve me until the punch runs out.”
– Connie Wang, Senior Features Writer Joomi Lim, $145, obtainable at Joomi Lim Mango, $79.98, obtainable at Mango Jeffrey Campbell, $129.94, obtainable at Nordstrom Dries Van Noten, $679, obtainable at Totokaelo Zara, $69.9, obtainable at Zara
“First and foremost leggings are about comfort. I’d stick with that idea and build an entire outfit with that in-mind. And for me, flat shoes and an easy slip dress fit the bill.”
– Emily Holland, Style Director Zara, $19.89, obtainable at Zara State, $396, obtainable at STATE The Row, $589, obtainable at Barneys New York Everlane, $150, obtainable at Everlane Raey, $187, obtainable at MatchesFashion.com
“First of all: trouser leggings. Let that sink in as a pant option. Now, adapt it for urban ’80s après ski and you’ve got yourself a pretty ideal winter look as far as I’m concerned.”
– Annie Georgia Greenberg, Fashion Editor-at-Large The Row, $534, obtainable at Net-A-Porter Jeepers Peepers, $38, obtainable at ASOS J.Crew, $29.5, obtainable at J.Crew Acne Studios, $570, obtainable at Acne Studios Zara, $69.9, obtainable at Zara
“I call this look ‘everyday sleepy superhero’ because the material of these leggings is cool and shiny and stirrups always make me feel extra flexible. I have a weird rule for myself that if I wear tight pants, I always wear a long coat. I envision this PJ shirt to be half-tucked into the leggings and add an equally-as-shiny textural component. I’ve also been staring down these white boots (and all boots from Reike Nen) via my computer screen for a while now, and they work with this outfit pretty damn well.”
– Michelle Li, Associate Stylist Zara, $69.9, obtainable at Zara Topshop, $210, obtainable at Topshop Araks, $325, obtainable at Araks Faris, $275, obtainable at Faris Reike Nen, $329, obtainable at Reike Nen
Like what you see? How about some extra R29 goodness, proper right here?
Colette Can't Stop, Won't Stop Doing Collaborations Before It Closes
32 Accessories You Need To Survive Winter In Style
25 Genius Gifts For Your Other Half